san antonio dog parks
All of San Antonio's public dog parks are free. If your dog is high energy, consider walking him or her first so he or she is calmer around other dogs. Enjoy!
Madison Square Park Dog Park
.65 acres. Fenced off-leash area, mutt-mitts, a doggie drinking fountain, and benches.
Pearsall Park Dog Park
4700 Old Pearsall Road
1.5 acres. Fenced-in area with picnic tables and trash cans as well as play features. Open 5 am – 11 pm, every day.
Hardberger Park West Dog Park
8400 N.W. Military Highway
1.5 acres. Features agility equipment and divided areas for small and large dogs. Open 7:30 am to sunset, every day.
Hardberger Park Dog Park
13203 Blanco Road
1.8 acres. Features an area for small dogs and one for large dogs. The small dog area includes a two-story doghouse. Open 7:30 am to sunset, every day.
Tom Slick Dog Park
7400 Highway 151
1 acre. Dog park off the 151 entrance to the park features separate areas for large and small dogs. Amenities include benches, shade structures, picnic tables, a fountain for people and pets, solar lighting, shade structures, and a special doggie shower. A second fenced dog enclosure is located on the Timber Creek entrance side adjacent to a newer pavilion and playground.
McAllister Park Dog Park
1.5 acres. Dog park located near the Starcrest entrance features exercise equipment, picnic area, benches, and a walking trail. McAllister Park is open 5 am to 11 pm, every day. No lighting in the dog park.
Dogs are allowed on-leash at other city parks with the exception of the natural area parks.
San Antonio Dog Park Rules
- Use of dog parks is at citizens’ own risk.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Park hours are 5 am to 11 pm, seven days a week unless otherwise noted.
- There is a limit of two dogs per adult in the dog park at any time.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the dog park.
- All dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations required by the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District and should be healthy and free of any diseases.
- Dogs must wear collars and current license tags in the park.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dogs’ waste.
- Never leave dogs unattended.
- Dog owners/handlers must be in possession of a leash at all times.
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the dog park.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the dog park. Training treats are allowed.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the park.
- No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or motorized vehicles are allowed in the dog park.