The City of San Antonio has provided a grant for a FREE spay/neuter program for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. Both cats and dogs are eligible. It covers 23 area zip codes, including 78210 and 78204. Read all the details about this program and the participating clinics.
The Cannoli Fund provides cat and dog spay/neuter reimbursement to residents of King William and Lavaca Historic Districts in San Antonio, Texas. We will also provide these services to those who find an animal in our service area, including neighborhood business owners and their employees.
Residents, business owners, and their employees of those two neighborhoods can be reimbursed for spaying or neutering their cat or dog, or those they are feeding. Participants will also be reimbursed for the rabies vaccination and for heartworm testing for dogs.
In March 2016, the dog spay/neuter reimbursement rates were each raised by $80. This change was made due to the longer wait times for an appointment at the city’s low cost clinics. The Cannoli Fund has seen an increased need for the use of private veterinarians for surgeries.
The maximum reimbursement amounts are:
- Neuter of a Male Dog: $180
- Spay of a Female Dog: $200
- Neuter of a Male Cat: $45
- Spay of a Female Cat: $55
- Rabies Vaccination for Dog: $13
- Purevax Rabies Vaccination for Cat: $18
- Heartworm Testing for Dogs: $30
- As of November 2017, the City of San Antonio’s Animal Care Services is offering free microchips to cats and dogs living in San Antonio. Your pet can be chipped at ACS or at any offsite Microchip Mania event.
In order to be reimbursed, a King William or Lavaca resident or business owner must follow these guidelines:
- Owners can take the animal to any low cost spay and neuter clinic or to their private veterinarian. If you’re looking for a veterinarian, see this list of San Antonio area veterinary clinics that are members of the Veterinary Medical Association of Bexar County.
- They must submit an itemized receipt from the clinic with the owner’s name and address printed on it to The Cannoli Fund within 45 days after the surgery. Exceptions to this policy require a 2/3 vote of the Board of Directors of The Cannoli Fund.
Submit receipts to:
The Cannoli Fund
P.O. Box 831444
San Antonio, Texas 78283-1444
For more information, please call 210-380-5745 or contact The Cannoli Fund.
Policy last revised 05/30/16